Mitel rolls out releases that provide significant business enhancements for the small/medium business product lines MiVo 250 and Application Suite. These two releases offer a symbiotic relationship if you will, between the phone system and supported applications providing the software backbone that makes the 6900 series telephones unique in the industry.
So let’s talk business, starting with the rollout of the 6900 sets.
Mitel 6900 Series
This release provides support for the 6900 telephone sets. These sets were programmed with mobility first in mind, providing more flexibility and functionality at the desktop.
Now see enhanced profiles, presence information, directory integration, chat notifications, on the desk phone, your mobile device and at your PC.
Distinctive New Desktop Features:
Each set includes unique features such as USB headset support, vivid color displays, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, MobileLink Bluetooth integration, and wireless handsets.
Here are just a few highlights:
In addition to a user profile showing on the desktop and mobile software, this functionality has been added to the desktop, providing a friendly user experience across all devices.
User-Based BLF Indications
Busy lamp field (BLF) indicators are a user based feature, providing end-user availability on any Dynamic Extension Express (DEE) device that associates with a user. For instance, if a user has a desk set phone and a cellphone associated with the system, and they are taking a call on either device, their profile will present a busy status.
Presence Profile & Control
In addition to your PhoneManager and PhoneManager Mobile, you can now change your presence information from the desktop phone. As an example, quickly adjust your profile as you are leaving the office to In a Meeting or Out of Office. Your profile will update all associated devices immediately and make co-workers aware of your status.
Ready to take calls for one or more hunt groups, quickly login to one, or select some or all hunt groups to which you are assigned. The telephone display will present all of the hunt groups of which you are a member, select the group(s) where you need to be active on your display.
End User Web Portal
This web-based portal makes it easy for end users to configure features and program their softkeys.
Customizable Backgrounds & Screen Savers
Program a system-wide background to telephones, such as your company logo, inspirational quotes, holiday themes, team kudos/updates and reminders, and more. Your imagination only limits this feature.
6900 Series Peripherals
For this initial release, Mitel also has the following peripherals available:
M695 Programmable Key Module (PKM) just in case your new set doesn’t provide enough station appearances you can connect up to 3 PKM’s for your telephone extension.
Cordless BlueTooth Handset (standard on the 6940) is an optional add-on for the 6930. This handset is great for mobile users, and depending on your building infrastructure has a potential range of up to 30 feet.
WLAN Adapter is a wireless bridge that provides wireless connectivity to the 6900 phones when wiring is an issue. An excellent option for temporary setups such as campaign calling, teleworkers that may not have the cabling infrastructure required or installation of a temporary command post.
Additional MiVo Software Enhancements
This software release includes additional features to enhance the user experience as well as some underlying architecture changes to allow for future development.
- A call transfer will now allow the caller ID to follow the call.
- Release key functionality to allow for more efficient routing of calls, or for call-after-call scenarios
- New lamp field indications
- SSL Certificate upload
- SIP reverse transfer that allows a SIP extension user to have a call placed on hold at one extension and pick it up from any extension on the phone system.
- Support for the CloudLink Gateway, a new platform that will allow small and medium-sized businesses to provide functionality and mobility that until now was many times financially unfeasible. (More to come on this in a later blog)
Mitel Application Suite for the MiVo 250
As Mitel continues to provide features to deliver higher customer satisfaction, their goal is also around reducing total cost of ownership. Deployment for this suite of features can be set up on a server that TSAChoice provides, a dedicated server that you provide, or in your VMware or Hyper-V virtual environment.
Depending on the configuration the Mitel Application Suite delivers features such as:
- Real-time call reporting– Provides real-time and historical reporting via a web portal with no client-side application required.
Track or target service levels with a gauge display
- Real-time wallboards– With strategic placement, keep your team in-the-know with real-time wallboards. These wallboards can be customized with statistics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to keep your team(s) on track.
Customize Your Wallboard using:
Statistic Tiles providing real-time info
Media Tiles that highlight promotions, corporate images or videos
Ticker using up to 20 statistics or add a manually configured message
Alarms each statistic tile can have a configurable signal where thresholds can be set to flash that tile, change color, play a sound, or take the segment to full-screen view.
Global Variables that can include a welcome message to a client, an essential message for staff to read, a target for the day, or a manually updated statistic such as a sales revenue number.
- Call recording– Use call recording to resolve disputes, as a training tool, comply with government regulations or other governing standards of your industry.
- Phone Manager and Phone Manager Mobile– Bring unified communication full circle using the desktop application, softphone and mobile software of Mitel’s Phone Manager. Phone Manager provides easy access to that extension’s call logs, chat, voicemail and more. Take it a step further an integrate the software with your CRM for screen pop integration and dial from the account.
- Phone Manager Outbound– If your company makes a significant amount of outgoing calls, simplify the process by automating. Monitor calling real-time or pull reports based on individual, team, or a specific campaign.
We have just hit the highlights for these releases. If you would like to learn more or are ready to discuss an upgrade, let us know.
To find out more about our premise or cloud-based unified communication solution offerings, click here.