The Technology Consultant (TC) is responsible for expanding the company’s prospecting opportunities within the IT/Security/VOIP/Cloud/Managed Services space. The position will attract new prospects that would benefit from services/technology provided by the organization. The TC captures new business opportunities, identifies likely prospects, performs cold calls to position the organization as a business solution, and undertakes the scheduling of presentations with prospective clients. The TC is charged with the development and implementation of strategic business plans to grow and cultivate new prospects, and collaborates with other interested parties to achieve the outlined strategic plan. Must be able to analyze information and make sound decisions that have a direct impact on the prospecting activities. The TC is accountable for achieving results, motivating self and others to overcome adversity and execute long-term strategic goals. The TC will focus these efforts in Western NC and the Upstate of SC.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
New Business Development
• Actively prospects for leads to secure appointments with decision makers and propose services to targeted businesses.
• Presents, configures, and closes business on new accounts.
• Responsible for spearheading and growing sales efforts.
• Effective utilization and collaboration with internal team resources (Sales & Design Engineers/Project Managers/Implementation/Training Teams) to ensure successful results with customers.
• Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services, including upgrades and maintenance contracts.
• Develop alternative sources for sales leads including group alternatives and lead generation from base.
• Answer customer questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
• Emphasize product features based on analysis of customer needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
• Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
• Prepare and maintain monthly sales forecasts for customer base utilizing SalesForce CRM tool.
• Create and execute sales presentations to existing and new accounts.
• Prepare and present the solution in a professional manner using the available resources.
• Monitor competitive activity and market conditions, providing feedback and suggestions to management regarding new product additions and deletions.
• Participate in trade shows, industry events, customer entertainment activities, sales meetings, training programs, and conferences as directed.
• Assesses marketing opportunities and target markets, intelligence gathering on prospective clients, generating leads, and performs follow-up sales calls/activities.
• Conducts sales development discussions with team members.
• Provides weekly summary of sales activities and results.
• Meets sales quota.
• Positions the organization as the leader in the IT/Security/VOIP/Cloud/Managed Svc’s space.
• Manages the relationship from initial contract through installation.
• Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
• Develops and manages relationships with current clients to create additional business as well as ensure a high level of client satisfaction.
• Existing customers are not guaranteed to remain with the Technology Consultant.
• Maintains a high level of technical and product knowledge.
• Identifies, manages, and grows referral sources.
• Utilizes territory travel and expense budgets appropriately.
• Attends weekly sales meetings and updates owner by review account progress.
• Establishes and maintains good public relations.
• Provides good customer service.
• Maintains the integrity of confidential financial information.
• Performs all other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, Marketing or related field.
• Accomplished sales and management skills with a proven track record.
• Three plus years’ experience in outside sales.
• Previous experience in IT/Security/VOIP/Cloud/Managed Svc’s preferred.
• Knowledge of local Western NC and Upstate SC customer market.
• A professional presence and outstanding presentation skills.
• Familiarity with SalesForce CRM tool.
• Adept at multi-tasking in a fast-past environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening, sales, and problem-solving skills.
• This is a base + commission position
• 401K/Medical/Dental/Vision Plans Offered after minimum employment thresholds met.